Pages

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

I Deserved To Die, But He Took My Place

Posted by Efoghor Joseph Ezie on 6/16/2010 06:45:00 PM

I was guilty and deserved to die for my sins; not worthy of any pardon or forgiveness, but Jesus Christ came to my rescue, and he took my place and died for me. Even when death sentence was already pronounced on me (Gen 3:19; Rom 3:23), he knew he could do something to deliver me from the verdict of guilty.

What exactly did he do for me?
1.He came to seek and save me: Jesus knew I was lost in sin so he came to seek and save me from sin. He didn’t want me to be lost in sin forever; so he left his heavenly home of comfort to seek for me (Luke 19:10).

2.He bore my iniquities: the iniquities in my life were too heavy for me to bear, so Jesus came to carry them so that I would no longer struggle under the yoke of my iniquities (Isaiah 53:11-12).


3.He carried my sorrow: Sin brought sorrow into my life and took away my peace. When Jesus Christ came into my life, he took away the sorrow that I might know peace again in my life (Isaiah 53:3).

4.He was punished for my sin: I was supposed to receive punishment for my sin, because I truly deserved it. Jesus pushed me aside and received the punishment due for me (Isaiah 53:5).


5.He brought me healing: He did not only receive the stripes met for my back; he paid duly for my sins and brought healing to my battered soul and body. His stripes removed the sicknesses, diseases and afflictions that were to be upon my life (1 Peter 2:24).

6.Gave his life a ransom for me: somebody needed to pay a ransom before I could be set free from sin. Nobody was qualified to do that for me; only Jesus was. He paid for my sin with his own life that I might live and be free forever (Mark 10:45). He died because he was not willing that I should die. He died an unjust death because he did not commit any evil; no sin or unrighteousness was found in him, yet he did it all because of me (1 Cor. 15:3; Gal. 1:4; 1 Peter 3:18).

7.He reconciled me to God: Sin separated me from God and from his love and mercies; but Jesus Christ died on the cross of Calvary in order to reconcile me back to God Almighty. He re-established the relationship and fellowship between God and me. (2 Cor. 5:18-19; Eph 2:14-17).

8.He gave me eternal life: Sin came to snuff life out of me; the devil came to destroy me, but Jesus Christ came that I might have life and have it abundantly. He came to give me eternal life (that would never be destroyed), so that I would live forever and enjoy God’s original purpose for my life (John 3:16, 10:10, 28).

Jesus can do the same for you today, only if you are willing to let him come into your life. It would cost you noting to have him in your life; all you need is confess your sins to him, and ask him to have mercy upon you. If you make him your lord and personal saviour, he would give you abundant life and peace.

Kindly Bookmark and Share it:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

You are free to post your comment so long it does not contain, derogatory or vulgar language

Bookmark & Share

Make Money Blogging
 

About Me

Efoghor Joseph Ezie
View my complete profile
© 2010 Kingdom voice Template by My Blogger Tricks